1st photo is a preview of my quiver, crafted by a good friend
. 2nd photo are the materials I used for coloring the wig. Yes its finally done!! here's the low-down:
MY MATERIALS: [link]
1) Bought a heat-resistant synthetic curly/wavy/messy wig.. we all know how massive & untamed her hair is. my problem is the original color was brown-gray-white
2) placed the wig on mannequin head & secured it w/ wall pins.
3) colored the top-half with colored hairspray (orange), while manually spreading/ combing the paint w/ my fingers in gloves. Set to dry (30 minutes to an hour is fine)
4) then i clipped the top-half w/ clamps so that i could manually color the bottom-half w/ Kurecolor pens: orange #215 & #206 (can be found in your local bookstores), but i only touched the white & gray streaks only.
5) i left out the brown part at the back so as to retain a shadow effect in photos & protect my gown from staining any orange paint.
6) next i unclipped the top-half and sprayed the rest of the color hairspray at the back the wig to cover the brown left.
7) lastly, i sprayed the whole wig w/ 70% alcohol in a bottle while combing the wig w/ my fingers, for the paint to set down & smell good.
8) set an overnight drying of 24hours at the most.
I did not dye anything here, didn't have enough time to so everything is manually done. But i will probably dye it the next time i cosplay her again, depends on the outcome in photos. for now this will do, it actually looks awesome doesn't it?
When i have time, i will edit this submission to an actual Tutorial soon!
**SPECIAL thanks to:
for the tips!!
Will debut this on FANTASY QUEST
event this sunday. We have friends from Malaysia & singapore coming to attend it, such as
among others so i'm so0o excited to bond w/ them again whee!!